Friday, August 13, 2010

Fussy & Fancy & Fairy Fun Friday DT's - 1 post 2 cards AGAIN

Fussy & Fancy- MINDY'S SKETCH

For the next two weeks at Fussy & Fancy we have a sketch for you to follow, created by our very own Mindy!
Yup, it's a circle. An actual circle! How often do u make circle cards? Well here's your chance to make a whole bunch with a fabulous sketch.




I cut a circle shape with my CM shape cutter & immediately added a doily.
I colored my Tilda with watercolor pencils, baby oil & blending stumps. I added glitter to her dress & shoes. Brown & pink ribbons behind Tilda are from Really Reasonable Ribbon, as are the brown leaf ribbons coming off the flowers. Flowers are all misc, as is the pink button & the organza pink ribbon (recycled from underneath my son's mattress (he's 2- don't ask, cuz I don't know either-lol)--.
CTMH takes credit for the pins and the cute little white label that I stamped a Stampin' Up word on, with Staz-On ink. ......Oh ya, can't forget about those pearls!!!

Hope you stop by the Fussy & Fancy site to check out all the lovely DT creations & I sure hope to see all your circular creations there this week & next!!!

Challenges for my card:
Totally Tilda- Shaped Card
Paper Sundaes- metal- (my oval shape with sentiment & pins)
Wild Orchid Challenge- it's a girl thing






*************************************************

Fairy Fun Friday- PHOTO INSPIRATION



Oh what fun at FFF this week...........we have another photo inspiration! And my favorite color as well.
For my card I used the image Me'n'My grandpa from Prairie Fairy Designs and made a birthday card out of it.  Reminds me of my son and his grandpa, one day filleting fish together!
My papers are Basic Grey Cappella paper pad & the lace is from none other than Dollarama!!
Corner blings are misc & are from a blog candy I won when I first started blogging!! I think the sketch is Fridays Sketchers, but from a couple weeks ago.



Take what you will from the photo, but try to incorporate as much as you can. Try the colors on for size, or try to feel the textures of the room in the photo. What catches your eye the most?
We'd love to see what you create & if you need more inspiration, come check out the other DT cards at the challenge site here.

The Fairy Queen herself is offering up some great digis, just like this to the winner, top spot & top 3 !!!

Challenges for my card:
The Crafty Pad- chocolate & cream
Stamptacular Sundays- snips & snails & puppy dog tails (for a boy/man)
Cupcake Inspiration- photo (below)
Fab'n'Funky- use Fav colors
ABC Challenge- A for August
Dare-U-2-Digi-Stamps- blooms & charms






Please check back for my candy draw coming within the next week or two. Become a follower for double the chance.

25 comments:

Suzi said...

Hi Corry, first your Tilda card is utterly adorable, so feminine and frilly. I love how you've coloured her and those pretty embellishments. Your second card is fantastic, you've caught the essence of the picture, I love this image, it's like all little boy's with their Gramps, always so special. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Oh I nearly forgot, Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week, good luck in the draw.

Sue said...

Corry Tilda is beautifully done, love the pretty doily and her sparkly dress.
The second card is so yummy with the chocolatly colour tones, caramel espeacially.( second time today I have mentioned chocolate!, off to the shops now lol)
Have a fab weekend
Sue x

Chris said...

Fantastic cards and such great colouring and designs. Love the papers you used and all the wonderful details. Thanks for joining us at BG Challenges and DU2DS. Chris :)

Lori said...

A pair of fantastic cards. The Tilda sketch is awesome, I'll have to have a go at that one. Your colouring on both is out of this world! Have a great weekend you busy bee you!

Debs said...

OMG!!!!! the tilda card is utterly fabulous. I really love it. Your coloring is perfect. Your flowers and bow and pins are tdf. Great stuff Corry
The second one, well when I got past the chocolate-Hello- I love your colors and the lace and different dp is awesome. Another coloring extravaganza
Great duo
xxx

Liza said...

Gorgeous cards, I love them both. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Christine said...

Wowzer creation Corry such a pretty Tilda lurve her sparkly dress..fab shaped card..great colour combo great take on the chall...
thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda chall.

smiles Christine xx

Rachel Hope said...

Awwww, such sweet sweet cards! Thanks for playing along with this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Chelsea said...

How fun are all those sparkles on her dress. So cool. Great card!

Gemma said...

Wow, these are two beautiful cards and you can not think of a bigger difference between the sweet and pink Tilda and the sturdy grandpa and son! Love both of them. Your male card is a great take on our challenge of this week, thank you for joining us at SSC, hugs Gemma

Margreet said...

Wow Corry...awesome what you did with the circled Tilda card....love all the details...your PF card is so beautiful....love all the lace!
Enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

Dena said...

Your cards are both fantastic! Such different looks for each one. I just love the circle card with all the feminine touches!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Cat said...

LOVE your Tilda card! So grogeous, feminine, and frilly! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust this week!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWW Corry these are two superb creations both so wonderful to see both so different I love them both great work hun.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ida said...

Very nice cards. Love the details you put into them. Thanks for joining the CIC Challenge this week.

Roberta Laliberte said...

WOWWWWWWZERS! Gorgeous cards all around girl. Of course I get to brag about you on my DT and all and I get to compliment you on your gorgeous Tilda card too!

Thanks for joining Totally Tilda this week!

xoxo

Carla aka scrappypug said...

gorgeous cards indeed! love the Tilda dress and the FFF one is just perfect for the inspiration!

Susie Sugar said...

Corry wow wow wow !!! you are the best darling ALL your cards and master pieces I'm moving to Pine falls to see if some of the talent rubs off on me , Totally Stunning creation darling
Thanks for joining the Totally Tilda challenge #2
Hugs Susie & the TT team xx

Pattie said...

Very pretty card - thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week!

Carolyn said...

Corry, this is beautiful. I love the image. This was my son and his grampa for sure. What a great job coloring. Great to see you back this week with another fabulous card. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

MrsK said...

This is very pretty indeed! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad! Also check out our other challenge at the I Did It Forum Hugz x

Nana said...

Very pretty card! Lovely color combo.
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Kelly said...

Corry, both your cards are fantasticle!! Love them, miss you!!

Viv said...

Two VERY different card, two VERY fantastic creations!! Stunning girl, just stunning!
Hugs Viv xxx

andrea said...

beautiful cards,all the detail is stunning thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails