Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to school.

((Friendly Reminders-
 Stamping Vacation Blog Hop on Sept 25th & 26th-TONS o' prizes!!!
My Blog Candy until Sept 26th ))

My first inspiration for this creation is the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog that is asking for the Bon Voyage Tildas to be used in conjunction with either a homemade backpack or suitcase.
Directions for both of these can be found at the challenge blog.
Go check it out if you wanna try something new!
This is 'Tilda with a bundle' & I am envisioning her going off to college.
Thus I accompanied the card with a suitcase, since she is already carrying a bundle over her shoulder.....there's no way she's getting a backpack on too! haha

Today is actually the first day back to school for my daughter, so............hmmm.........kinda the same thing.


My next inspiration for my card is the cracked glass technique going on over at the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog. The DT cards made jaw dropping gorgeous inspiration, so I just HAD to dive right in!


My final inspiration for my card are the pin & pearl challenges going on right now at Die Cut Dreams and Wild Orchid (links below). I had my image all colored up when  I 'phoned a friend' & asked her to pull together some sort of 'fancy-shmancy-pin-thingy ma-jigs' for me! She came thru & these are the result! Thanks Lori !
Pearls are from Dollarama! Flowers are Wild Orchid!



Sentiment is from Sentimental Sundays (link below) where every Sunday they have a new challenge theme AND  free sentiments available for download ! Mwah....................TY!





I am quite proud of my little suitcase. I added a little luggage tag should it get separated from Tilda along the way. As well, I added some wheels to my suitcase........I mean, who has the strength to carry 18 pairs of shoes 20 outfits & 2 school books to college!!! LOL


Challenges for my card:
These are all my regular challenges. Didn't have to go looking for any!
All Sorts- new beginnings
Pile it on- pile on the layers
Die Cut Dreams- pins & pearls
Fresh Brewed- brown (They're baaaa-ack!!)
Lexi's Creations- flower power
Creative Card Crew- back to school
Wild Orchid Challenge- pins & pearls
The Pink Elephant- back to school
Incy Wincy- celebrate (kids going back to school-woohoo)
Tuesday Throwdown- anything fall (kids going back to school -yee haw)
Charisma Cardz Challenge- song inspired "Going Away to College"- by Blink 182
Sentimental Sundays- 1 solid paper (black), 2 DP, 3 embellies (flowers, pearls, pins)
Magnolia-licious Highlites blog- Bon Voyage Tilda card with matching suitcase



28 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card and suitcase! I love the vintage feel of the set.

Jennifer

Andrea said...

Wow! you have been so busy - I love both items - the pins on your card are just gorgeous, and I love the crackle!
Love, Andrea xx

Pink lady said...

Wow, gorgeous card and suitcase!
Love the colors, design and lovely details:-)

Have a great day!
Hugs Laila.

Lori said...

Card is gorgeous and that suitcase omg you're brave, I would never try any of this. I remember that little backpack you made that thing was tdf too, love it all. Awww sorry my pins weren't more burgandy, you should have raided Bert's stash, they still look good though, love it, love it, love it.

Leah the Orange said...

inspired by BLINK! love it!
beautiful little project, Corry, and i'm a big fan of the cracked glass! thanks for playing with the Charisma Gals this week!

Dawny P said...

This is just wonderful chick. I love the colours and that image is so sweet. Love the cracked glass - brilliant!!! Thank you for joining us at WOC and Just Magnolia - your pearls and pins are fab. Hugs Dawny xxx

Dora said...

O wow Corry, your cards always manage to amaze me, this one is just awesome, love the colours and that cracked glass technique is beautiful.. not to mention the pins.. lucky to have a friend like that he he :)

Crafty Chris said...

Beautiful entry for DCD love the little suitcase as well.
Chris x

Mummylade said...

This is absolutely lovely. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

Dori said...

These are both fabulous! I love the way you did the corners and your little suitcase is adorable

RubyM:) said...

ABOSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I like the crcked glass effect wow!!!!!! The suitcase is stunnig and perfect!!RubyM:)

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining our challenge at Die Cut Dreams with this lovely card.

Pamela x

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

What an adorable card and suitcase set. I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Ann English said...

Fabulous-love these creations!

So glad you joined us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Debs said...

Really lovely Corry, I'm just starting with pins too, quite the challenge. Gorgeous cracked glass and colors are always my fav. Thanks for the tip on sentimental sundays. I have a little something for you on my blog
Debs
xxx

Anesha said...

Amazing creation, love it! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Heather said...

What a stunning set! I LOVE the cracked glass effect and the beautiful flower arrangement. Gorgeous back to school card. I love the browns over the primary colors you usually see on the B2S creations. Great job! Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
Heather Dennis
Fresh Brewed Designs

Kelly said...

What a fabulous creation. I have looked through all of your recent creations and they are all beautiful, you are certainly coming into your own style of crafting and it shows wonderfully. Sorry I have been an absentee blogger/commenter but you know I love you.

Karen McAlpine said...

Love,love, love this card. You rocked the crackle finish. That suitcase is so cool. I going over to check out the instructions.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Corry this is absolutely wonderful what a fabulous project I love it. Hugs Lorraine x

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and elegant set. Love that cracked effective on Tilda. Very neat :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Gorgeous project! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogpsot.com

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Both of your projects are wonderful! I love the pin embellishment. It is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew.
Denise
CCC-DT
I have blog candy available if you are interested!

Autumn said...

This is fabulous Corry! I love all the different elements you used! Great job with the cracked glass technique too! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's!

Denise Clark said...

Absolutely precious! I LOVE what you did with the flowers and your use of color is awesome! So glad you shared this card!

Thanks for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Very cute and so many fun elements--love the cracked glass effect too! Thanks for joining us on the Magnolia-licious Challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails