Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thinking of you, Denise.

This is a very special tribute card to Denise Clark who runs the Stamping Vacation blogsite!
Without going into too much detail, this is a trying time of the year for Denise & her family & all the DT members of the Stamping Vacation blog have decided to come together and make Denise a few cards, sending her a few smiles along the way!

The image for my card comes from a Precious Moments coloring pages site.
Very appropriate image for the "For Who" challenge over at the Stamping Vacation blog. The challenge is to make a card "for someone who needs a hug".
This is for you, Denise.
 It's in the mail to you as you read this!






So there are a few things going on with this card. Good and bad.
First of all, my digis are smeary, so I apologize for that, but hey, it goes to show that I can't ALWAYS be perfect . LOL (i now have to print them on a differnt printer)
Secondly, my copic marker that I was making dark streaks in her hair with, 'calfed on me' (aka- went bizerk) & left a puddle of ink on her hair, of course you can't see it, as the butterfly is hiding it! Sorry! I new I didn't use copics for a reason!
Thirdly, I added lilttle blingy flowers to her dress. They are tiny and this took quite a while, but I thought they suited the DP wonderfully.

And a card recipe:

Sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe & it fit into my butterfly punch just perfectly!
DP is from a paper pack called Teen Prints.
All ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbons
SU border punch for bottom of card
Sketch is MOJO Monday- LAST WEEK! Doh!!

And a little reminder of the Stamping Vacation BLOG HOP starting Sept 25 til Sept 26
Homemade with a HOP!
Yes, a blog hop featuring homemade embellishments!
Will there be prizes?
You bet there will!  But you gotta be in it to win it!! Must be a follower of Stamping Vacation in order to get in on ANY/ALL the prizes listed below-

**a winner's choice stamp set from Practicing Creativity Designs,
**2 gift certificates from the Sticker Store,
**2 digital images from Glitterbabe's Art,
** L15 gift certificate and free digital image from Ooh-la-la Creations,
**prize from Sunflowers and Dragonflies,
**prize from Meljen Designs,
**prize from Sky Blue Pink,
**diecuts from DieCut Dreams,
**digital images from Prairie Fairy Designs,
**four $10.00 gift certificates from The Stampsmith
**a stamp set from Lawn Fawn ,
**$10.00 gift certificate from Really Reasonable Ribbon,
**a $25.00 gift certificate from Victorine Originals ,
**a stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle,
**a prize from Pixie Cottage ,
**two $10.00 gift certificates from RubberStamp Ave ,
**3 stamp sets from The Cutting Cafe ,
**10 pound gift certificate from Lili of the Valley,
**prize from Little Claire Designs
** AND a gift certificate from $5.00 to $50.00 (depending on how many blogs the winner visited) to the place of the winner's choice!

That is MULTIPLE chances to win!!!

This is going to be a HOPPIN HOP! Be there starting at 9 am on Sept 25th through 9 pm Sept 26th (US central time) NOW OVER $300.00 in PRIZES being OFFERED....

Challenges for my card:

Digital Tuesdays - all about the girls
Papertake Weekly- animal magic
Pollycraft Mondays- cue & cuddly
Wild Orchid - ribbons & bows
Cute Card Thursday- tweet & a flutter
Stacey's Stampin Stage- color challenge (see below)










25 comments:

Lori said...

totally sweet Cor! I love the flower in her hair and all the blingies on her dress, she'll love it!

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Cory :o) xx Lynne xx

Denise Clark said...

I will always remember....This is perfect! I will always remember the times with my son and I will certainly always remember that you all did this for me. My heart is full of your card hugs and I thank you. Your card is just beautiful! Thank you!

Pink lady said...

A beautiful card you have made for your friend:-)
lovely details on the dress!

Hugs Laila.

Amy Johnson said...

Awww. How adorable! Love all the bling! Perfect for a girl card. Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Sheila said...

Wow this card is gorgeous! Such a cute image and your colouring is fab. The sentiment says it all even tho I know nothing of the circumstances - you are a very kind friend! Sheila:)X

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the bling flowers on the dress. And, that sentiment is just perfect.

Annie said...

such a sweet card and fabulous bling! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

craft-princess said...

Such a lovely card!!

Katina said...

A very pretty and sweet card Corry. Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly.

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning card Cor, love that sweet image and colours Denise will treasure these cards for sure, I can also thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Merry said...

A beautiful 'hug' card Cor......I love all the jewels you have and the image is so perfect.

joey said...

awww Corry this is so cute, love the image, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey.x

Julie said...

This is so adorable. I love Precious Moments! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Stacey Schafer said...

darling card, Corry! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Audrey said...

A beautiful card Corry. I love precious moments. You did a fantastic job and I am sure Denise loved it!

jules said...

Wow what fantastic cards,, hugs j xx

Kelly said...

Corry, so sweet and I love all the little embellies, what a great way to top it off.

Emma said...

Aw such an adorable card, gorgeous image and details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Danni said...

This is just darling! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Silke Ledlow said...

Such a sweet card!!! Glad you joined us at the Curtain Call!!! Hugs ~S~

Dena said...

What a sweet card! I'm sure your friend will love it!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

~Michelle~ said...

cute card to bring a smile to anyone's face! Love the image! :)

Thanks for joining us on the DT Challenge! :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love that image...great coloring. Perfect card for the Digital Tuesday for the girls challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Kristine

Krzysztof Maszkiewicz said...

Truly lovely piece of work!
I wish I have the same talent...
If you need more inspiring coloring pages then have a look at my two favourites: http://topcoloringpages.net/ and http://www.e-kolorowanki.eu/

Related Posts with Thumbnails