Friday, October 22, 2010

Fairy Fun Friday DT- Use a candy wrapper

At Fairy Fun Friday this fortnight, we want to see you:

USE A CANDY WRAPPER.......

.....Take a candy wrapper & alter it, make a candy wrapper, use a candy wrapper to recreate something on your creation...........etc, etc.

Here's my wrapper:
I got this in the mail with some candy in it & liked the look so much, I thought it would make an excellent addition to my candy wrapper card. Tell me what you think.



I used the image Little Miss Mousy from Prairie Fairy Designs.
I cut up my candy bag & used it as a background sheet as well as for a flower. I used the tassels ties as the button center to the flower. The blue/pink/white/gold paper is from CTMH & the pink strip with flowers down the left side is a fabricy like paper piece from a pack I bought AGES ago.
The lace ribbon is from WOC & the pink ribbon on top of the lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbons.
I colored my mouse with watercolor pencils, blending stumps and baby oil!


Random winner, top spot & top 3 all get Prairie Fairy images as prizes!!!

As well Prairie Fairy Designs has  some "Spooky Deals" on now until Oct 31!!


We hope to see your fabulous creations for the next two weeks at FFF!!!

Challenges for my card:

Paper Sundaes- for someone little
Tellen's place- let's see buttons
Stamp Insanity- think pink
Stamp Something- digi day

18 comments:

Lori said...

Your interpretation of candy cracks me up! Love your flower, great card and what a beautiful sunny day, woohoo day off!

Trisha said...

Love it-beautiful flower-funny how we both put our wrapper in the same corner!Great minds! LOL xox Trish

Merry said...

Oh you are so clever...love the little flower you created.

Kelly said...

Hey girl, you have some fancy candy containers. I love how you used it on your card, it looks so lacy.

Ellie said...

Your card is amazing! Love the image, fantastic idea with the candy wrapper!
I love your sketch and it's beautifully embellished.
Thank you so much for sharing the card with us at stamp something!!

Fiona said...

pretty card and cute little image...perfect for our challenge. THanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Corry. Love the way you have used that little bag .... flower and BP :) The colouring of that image is gorgeous and those super shiny buttons as well.
Thankyou for sharing this with us at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back next time

France said...

Hi ! I really like the flourishes you added ! Thanks for joining our Paper Sundaes challenge !

Margreet said...

Hi Corry.....great card.....love how you used that beautiful bag.....to use it as background paper...how can one invent that???...the flower is stunning too.....hope you have a nice weekend!
xxx Margreet

Nana said...

Fabulous card
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sudnaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a pretty card! Love how you used the candy wrapper and your general layout. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Cole said...

That is the most beautiful candy wrapper I've ever seen Cor! LOL Your card is gorgeous too - as always.....xoox Cole

Terry Oulboub said...

Corry, how clever to use the gift wrap as a part of your button flower - very lovely! I love the coloring and beautiful papers! It's a super cute image too! Thanks for joining in on our "button" challenge this week at Tellen's Place! :~)

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Too cute!

Joynana said...

Verry cute. I never would have thought to use a candy wrapper. But I love the effect. And never would have thought to use baby oil to blend with. WOW... Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

I have blog candy and would love for you to take a look.

http://joynana-lovethatpaper.blogspot.com/

Rose Petal said...

Hello Corry. I love this and the super delicate colours too. So much detail and the buttons are great too. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and hope to see you again soon.
Love Sandra xx

Jane said...

A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place hope to see you again
Luv Jane xxx

Javablustamper said...

VERY pretty creation!! Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!!




ENJOY LIFE!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails