Friday, January 21, 2011

Anniversary Vs Wedding & an Award

If you are here for the Creative Inspirations Birthday Blog Hop- CLICK HERE

********************************************

Look what I gots from the talented & lovely Debs



I am now supposed to pass this on to 3-5 people!
Ack!
Can't I choose 100 people?

Well here goes nutin'


**************************************************
NEXT-

I was told (by my friendly neighbor) there is a very special anniversary coming up in February, so thought, I best be making a card!
So I whipped this up.
Now, I think, maybe I'll save it for a wedding. 
I think I need to make more.
Wedding & Anniversary themes.
Tis the season, you know........to get engaged/married/anniversaried (lol is that a word)!
I bought this image from The Stamp Fairy a while back & LOVE IT!
How cute right!?
I paper pieced her dress & ponytail holder, colored their skin with copics & finished off their hair & his clothes with watercolor pencils, baby oil & blending stumps!


I followed the wonderful sketch by Mindy at Fussy & Fancy.
I layered, & layered & layered, until I could layer no more! LOL


I cut the hearts with my cricut and used a SU sentiment in the center!


Challenges for my card:
Stamp Fairy- paper piecing
Wild Orchid Challenge- let's get sentimental
Cupcake Craft- weddings
Kaboodle Doodles- B&W plus 1 (grey)
Top Tip Tuesday- all sentimental
Creative Craft- monochromatic madness
Corrosive Challenge- lace & pearls
Pile it on- anything goes
Papertake Weekly- ribbons & pearls
Crafts & Me- monochrome
PaperPlay- black is back (not sure if this qualifies)
Fussy & Fancy- sketch (see below)




25 comments:

Dora said...

Awww Corry this is lovely, sorry for me always awwing but I really do :)) fantastic colouring and paper piecing. xxx

Rach said...

what a fabulous and sweet card, xxx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Cute card and I really like the stitching! And what a sweetie you are for giving me this award....I think?? LOL! What does Liebster mean? I see a heart so I hope it is good! :P

**Farrah** said...

Lovely card!! So elegant, perfect for either Wedding or Anniversary!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Jill said...

Really sweet card! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

pinky said...

Super cute take on our challenge:) Thanks for playing along at StampFairy this week.

Jane said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the layers of lace ribbon and punched lace and the image is so sweet and beautifully coloured!! Thank you so much for passing your award on to me, that has really made my day!!! Congratulations on receiving it too! hugs, Jane xxx

Lori said...

Aww this is adorable, I want to make an anniversary card now, thanks for the inspiration, beautiful!

Samantha said...

Hi Corry, this is a beautifully colour image! and I love the paper piecing you have done for her dress! awesome.... love the way you matched the paper for the sentiment too!
Thanks for playing along at Stamp fairy and Tip Top Tuesday too! hugs Samantha :0)

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge:)
hugs

Honor said...

Hi Corry,
thanks for the cute blog award, very much appreciated.
Hugs
Honor xoxo

Jacki Randolph said...

Hi Corry, oh my your card is beautiful, love all the layers!!! Gorgeous colouring and paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at StampFairy

Hugs'
Jackie

Angie said...

fab card love the image thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Caroljenks said...

Beautiful card - great image and her dress looks fab! I love the lace and ribbon detail too.

Thanks for joining us this week for our 'All Sentimental' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

DIANA L. said...

That card is absolutely adorable.tfs

I love your blog it is really pretty.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sharon Basel said...

Love all your layers and the paper piecing! Beautiful coloring of the StampFairy image too! Thanks for playing in the StampFairy challenge. Hope you'll return again next time too!
Sharon - StampFairy DT

Liza said...

Gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Carissa said...

Gorgeous card. Great take on our paper piecing challenge.Thanks for joining us at StampFairy this week.
Hugs, Carissa

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Just gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at StampFairy Challenge.

Deanne :)

Helen said...

Awww...sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Christy Dillman said...

Who doesn't love layers, I know I do! Love the stitching too, great image! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Hugs,
Christy

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. Lovely image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

Nikki x

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card. Very cute couple. Thank you for joining us at Paper Play!

Crafteezee said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over.

Vixykins said...

Sooo sweet girl! Love the colours and the stitching, beeeautiful x

Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me, hope to see you again x

Related Posts with Thumbnails