Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some Odd PHOTO INSPIRATION


This is Post #1 for today, stay tuned for my Tickled Pink Challenge card

****************************************


Woot Woot! There is some GREAT stitching out there as evidenced by our last SOG challenge. This week we have a new challenge.......a true challenge. You see that photo at the top .....that's what we want to inspire you and your creations. 

A PHOTO INSPIRATION CHALLENGE 

I find these types of challenges the most challenging kind, cuz you have to do something especially for THAT photo. Let it be a Christmas Card based on the wreath, let it be the colors that inspire you or let it be something sitting on a chair with stripes of the colors in the photo. You choose! 
For this challenge we are highlighting the new clear release stamps sets. 
I FINALLY GOT MY STAMPS!! YAHOOO!!!
I was so excited I jumped up and down and I'm sure people in the post office thought  I won a million dollars. Bwahahah!! 

 
I used Gifty Gwen on my card with her matching sentiment. I placed the sentiment in the frame from the Sweet Thinking Mae clear stamp set. I used my Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper pad cuz they totally matched the colors in the photo. I added a tag to the center of the card. Nope it doesn't come off, just stays there. It is even stitched in place. The lace is from WOC as are a couple flowers on my card. The lightbulb border at the bottom is a diecut that I have had FOREVA! 

SPEAKING OF THAT TAG-  SOG 12 weeks of Christmas challenge is up on FLICKR with the first week being to make a Holiday tag. This one goes until Oct 1 !! Prizes to be won with each & every challenge, click to check it out! 



In the top corner I added some felt pieces.......including the green & brown pieces. I got these from the wonderfully sweet Eulanda in a candy I won from her! Mwah! Gwen is colored with copics & watercolor pencils, blending stumps & baby oil. Did u notice her legs are darker color than the rest of her skin, that's because she is wearing nylons. YUP, NYLONS. They used to be all the rage, now I don't see very many people wear them. I think they are now known as leggings or stockings. I'm so confused. 

 


And a shot of my stickle work. 
Now it's your turn to show us what you can do with our photo at the Some Odd Girl Challenge . 
Another mention that SOG has a Pinterest Group. Click here to see more inspiration from people who have been pinned.
These clear stamps are available at the Some Odd Girl Store now! Head on over to buy yours today! 


My card is also featured at the following galleries:


Challenges for my card: 
Ribbon Carousel Challenge- use fabric
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations- anything goes
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge- Christmas & sketch (see below)
sketch







13 comments:

Sandra said...

This is a fabulous sketch l so love this image and the layout truly an amazing card!:) Sandra H

Leah the Orange said...

OMG, i just want to take a swim in all your card's amazing textures. this is beautiful, and i love how the inside turned out too. you rock, chickadee! xo

Margreet said...

So many details on your card, Cor........it is fab!
xxx Margreet

Merkkari said...

Such a elegant card. Love that image :)

elsi said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week ♥

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Corry!!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is fantastic, Corry! I love all that texture!

Orders seem to be taking forever from the States to Canada right now, I don't know what's going on at the border!

Lou Mac said...

Nylons, stockings, leggings. What the hell girl, Gwen looks GORGEOUS!!

I love all the details you fit onto your cards - total feast for the eyes!! Gorgeous, gorgeous project Cor!!

You have no idea how happy I am that your stamps arrived!! :D xo

mforquer said...

Corry - I so love your soft and gentle look on Odd Girl Gwen. She is just fabulous with her little present! I'm so glad you were able to color her up in time for the challenge!!!
Hugs,
M

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Cor, this is gorgeous! Love all the details on this card.

coops said...

wow fabulous card cor.your details and colours are beautiful and i love the gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Jacque said...

What a darling card! The details and colorways are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at WOC and we hope to see you again real soon! Hugs..Jacque

Kristen said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in this weeks anything goes with going grey with scrap-creations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails