Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

This card I made for my hubby for our 8 yr anniversary. We have been together for 8 yrs, however only got married in 2007. We like to think of this wknd as OUR wknd. We met for the first time, face to face, on this wknd in 2002. This wknd is the annual Ice Fishing Derby in my hometown. He picked me up and we went looking at all the fishing shacks on the river.
The sentiment I printed on the computer & signifies the fact that we actually met on line. Yup on the computer in a local chat room. He private messaged me for a conversation and that was the end of that! He pressed ENTER and our lives changed forever! We did not exchange personal information until a few months of pleasant conversation. Turns out we only lived 40 minutes from each other the whole time!

I used the image from Prairie Fairy Digital Stamps called Roopid. I used a sketch from the Sweet Stop Sketch Challeng Blog WAY BACK. I never got a chance to enter this card as it would have ruined the surprise! O well.
We will be going to the big city tomorrow for newborn/family pics of our new little one and then going out for dinner!
Love you honey!! You are the best!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Adorable, love the story, I learnt something new about you two, love it, happy anniversary, can't wait to see the pics!!!!

Anita said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute card!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Happy belated Anniversary!
What a sweet card! I adore that lil sentiment!
My hubs and I met via online too! and we've been together for 8 years too :)

Here's to many more happy years!
hugs, margie

Kelly said...

Belated wishes on your anniversary Corry, I love your card and your story.

Related Posts with Thumbnails