Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stamping Vacation DT -Pick 3 Challenge for Month of September

It's September 1st----YIKES.......
Here I am with my first DT card for the Stamping Vacation PICK 3 Challenge .


But before I get to that let me tell you a bit about The Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog where there is a challenge for every day of the month. Each challenge also lasts for one month..............so you have more time to enter the challenges more than once, thereby allowing your name to go into a draw at the end of the month, for a voucher to a specific store.

This month the voucher is $25.00 from FLOURISHES .

Now for my PICK 3 DT card..................


This month, we are challenging you to pick 3 from the list below and turn them into a card. Pls remember to specify your items when you link back to the Stamping Vacation blog.
And pls remember to turn off word verification!

Here's your list- should you chose to accept it! lol

circle tag
anything yellow
brad
frame
eyelet
vellum
image with a building
string
black paper

Can u see what I used?



First of all  I used the image from Prairie Fairy Designs called Villa Road.
This is my first attempt at a sketchy sketch of still life with unclear lines! I was frightened to do it, but got er done anyways. The sentiment is from a different Prairie Fairy Design set called Honey Beary Set of 3.
I colored it all wrong & therefore is my least fav part of the card. I used Stampin Up Hodge Podge Hardware to encase the sentiment, as well as in the corner of the image and in the middle of my string on the side.
I also used the sketch from Stamping Vacation........new sketch will be available tomorrow.
YUP..............
I used string,
black paper and
an image with a building!
(and I snuck a frame in too) 
You guessed it!!!
Those are my pick 3's!!

So get on over to the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog for a chance at a great prize. It's the only place in town where there are a TON of challenges!!

ALSO- Stamping Vacation will be hosting a blog hop on Sept 25 & 26 called
HOMEMADE WITH A HOP !

Challenges for my card:
Stamping Vacation- sketch therapy
Creative Cottage- celebrations (new home)
Sir Stampalot- distressed
All Sorts- garden or park
Pollycraft- add a little nature

24 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow Corry........so good that you dared to attempt to use this beautiful picture.....but you managed to make a gorgeous card with it!
xxx Margreet

Karen McAlpine said...

Well Corry, I think your coloring turned out lovely!! I love this image. Great selection of the pick 3!

Deb said...

I absolutely love this one Corry, great coloring on the image, I have colored this one twice and still can't get it so I like it, yours is perfect, fantastic what you've got happening on the right, I love the black
Debs
xxx

Lori said...

This looks fantastic Corry, I love the rustic feel, I finished the cottage, these images are so awesome, love your card!

Linapyssel said...

Lovelly card, the earthy toned makes it super along with the distressed edges!!
Good luck and thank you for joining at Sir Stampalot this month

Lina x

PinksyDoodles said...

I think this looks great. The colouring is lovely and I really like the metal embellishments you have used.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

chris said...

Love this its fabulous, thanks for joining us in the Sir stampalot challenge.
hugs chris xx

pinky said...

Beautiful piece of work. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi there

A really great image and you have created a beautiful card with it.

Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Sue said...

Hi ya
gorgeous card, lovely image & colouring, lovely design,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Denise Clark said...

Corry, absolutely terrific! I think you did a fantastic job on the coloring! I love the distressing too! It really give it a outdoorsy, rustic kind of feel. Wonderful job! I am just thrilled to have your talents on the design team!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Corry I think this is one terrific card I love the elements you have used and that image is gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Corry its me again ooops I forgot to thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Hi wow Corry, I love this one, it's stunning and your choice of colour for the card is great. At the moment I'm also trying my hand for the first time at a scene pic and until I started it I was terrified he he xxx

Anne said...

Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage with this gorgeous card
Anne x

Tracy said...

beautiful card the image and your colouring are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

lindyloo said...

beautiful card thanks for joining us at the creative cottage huggies lindyloo x

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Wow...this card is beautiful! Fab colouring. I luv all the details and distressing.

You are too funny! LOL @ killing you and gas. Thx for making me laugh. Good luck with the blog candy!

xoxo,
Lori

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marina said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!
I love that image, the details and the design are fantastic.

Hugs,
Marina

Francesca said...

A wonderful card with lovely details
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Mummylade said...

This is just lovely! Thank you so much for entering my garden challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Sally H said...

Beautiful card with lovely distressing! I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, love the 'celebration' you chose! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x

Related Posts with Thumbnails