Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More Nouveau Girl Creations



For the next few days at the NEW Nouveau Girl Blog we are showing you some versatility with the Nouveau Girl Stamps. Today I' m sharing my Shink Plastic creations! 


When my Nouveau Girls Stamps arrived, I had to try them on my Shink Plastic. Now I had never done this  Shrink Plastic before....so it was def something new & different  for me. The above picture is the actual stamp (size) compared to the Shrink Plastic once it's heated up. The Shrink Plastic says it will shrink to 45% of original size. Hmm....looks smaller than that to me ! LOL

**************************

Here are a few tips for Shrink Plastic use: (remember I am no pro-lol)
-you MUST stamp with Staz-On ink. Memento ink just rubs off
- if coloring with pencils, you must sand the paper first so the color has somewhere to stick (I haven't tried copics yet)
-colors you use to color with will be brighter/sharper once the plastic is shrunk
-you must use a pair of tweezers or something of the sort to hold down the plastic while you heat it with your heat tool or else your burn your fingerprints off. (you can also heat it in the oven- there are directions for that). I simply used my heat tool. 
- while in the heating process, the plastic shrivels up  to the point where it looks like it's stuck shut, then as it completes the process, it actually unfolds on itself  (with a little help from the tweezers)
Once complete, my shrunk "Believe", "Bliss" & "Grow" are  5 cm tall. 


Here I made a pair of earrings for my daughter. 
And a pocket zipper attachment for my sweater (below) . My front zipper fell off completely, so that's why the pocket....I KNOW someone was wondering that very thing right?! LOL







I hope I have inspired you to try something new. 
Something you never dreamed of doing before!?!
Odd Girl Corry


Challenges for my ShrinkyDinks:
Bearly Mine- anything but a card
Papertake Weekly- anything goes
Come & Get it Challenges- anything goes
Dream Valley - anything goes




3 comments:

fredalexmom said...

Great idea. Might try making some earings for my niece. She would absolutely love them.

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow, these are really cool,

Liz x

Carissa said...

Very cute. Your daughter must love having a crafty mom to make her such cute jewellery. Thanks for playing at PTW. Carissa :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails