Sunday, December 25, 2011

From our house to yours.....


Merry Christmas Everyone! 

The image on my card today is a very special one from The Prairie Fairy
It is priceless. 
Literally, this image, The Winter Cottage from Prairie Fairy Designs does not have a price on it. It does NOT have a price for a reason.............& if you want to know the reason, then head on over to THIS POST here. 

Basically, if you want the image, go and grab it form the above link (the download button is there) and then hop over to make a monetary donation of your choice to "The Warrior Fund". 
I colored my Winter Cottage & sky with copics. Trees with watercolor pencils. I added liquid applique & prisma glitter to resemble snow. I also added crystal effect to different areas to resemble icicles. 


I placed droplets of crystal effects on parchment paper the day before I compiled my card, to ensure that it was nice and dry so I could peel it off of there and attach it to my house with glue. Below are a few of the finer details. 




This card has since been presented to my BFF , The Prairie Fairy. 

Challenges for my card: 
Dutch Dare Card Challenge- make it shimmer
Little Darlings- Christmas
Saturday Challenge- anything goes
Crafts & Me- Christmas
Sketchy Colors- sketch (see below)- I flipped it
using earth tone colors from challenge #25


15 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Merry Christmas!! Gorgeous card! Speaking of cards....I sent yours earlier this week ... I know I'm never one time quit picking on me! LOL! I got yours in the mail too...thank you and it is a very lovely pic of the family!!

Nina said...

Wow - I lve the card and all the details!
Merry Christmas to you and your family
:-) Nina

Jennifer said...

This is incredible! I just love all the detail on your little cottage! The fabric and stitching look great and the "snow" is lovely!

La Vikinga said...

WOW - so much work you have dedicated on your card!!

La Vikinga

Chelsea said...

Oh My Goodness Corry, this card is jam packed with goodness! Wow...Love it!

Merry Christmas, wishing you a Holiday Season full of love and laughter.

Hugs and Love.

coops said...

wow, fantastic card cor.so many beautiful details.
happy christmas hun.

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

Oh so beautiful:) Sandra H

Bianca said...

Your card is unbeliefable beautifull! I love the snow and that sparkling! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons. xx Bianca

crafty amy said...

Wow this is a stunning card I LOVE what you have done with the image :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Beautiful card, so much detail!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that you have a happy new year.

Mrs Wonka x

downrightcrafty said...

Merry Xmas this is gorgeous thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge at this special time of the year
Kate Hugs xx

BrossArtAddiction said...

Love this Cor! You really went to town on Roberta's gorgeous cozy little house! Love how you made it look like the snow was really melting! :D

xx Tracey xx

Tess Ekwall said...

wow!! what a beautiful card!! i love all the details!!
hugs, tess.

Marianne said...

Your card is totally gorgeous, and a great use of our sketch. For this challenge we also wanted you to choose a Sketchy Colors color combo, but maybe you didn`t see that?
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors with your beautiful card.
Hugs, Marianne:)

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Thanks for playing in our christmas bumper challenge over at Crafts and Me with this gorgeous creation. Hugs...Mona

Related Posts with Thumbnails