Friday, March 12, 2010

First card since baby....6 days ago

Well, it's been 6 whole days since I have done any card making & thought it was about time I did something (while the newborn sleeps & the toddler watches cartoons). Granted it took a few hours to complete this card between toddler & baby napping, lunch, laundry and feeds......I just knew I HAD to complete this card for Fairy Fun Fridays. You see the Prairie Fairy did so much for me, what with being my birthing coach and all, the least I could do is TRY my darndest to complete her challenge card (being an honorary DT member and all). This one's for you Bert!!

This image is from the Prairie Fairy Digital Stamp line & it is called Ballerina. I dressed her in tissue paper as the challenge at Fairy Fun Fridays is just that.........Tissue Paper. I feel like I am back at Susies Sassy Challenge last week where the colors were Lilac & Aqua; yet, somehow, that's just how this card came together......
I used the sketch from Friday's Sketchers this week, as well as the theme from Dare-U-2-Digi which is NO PATTERNED PAPER. Don't let the blue and purple swirled paper fool you, it is actually plain white paper spiced up with the Shaving Cream technique that can be found at Splitcoaststampers.com under resources. (the shaving cream makes the paper smell real nice too). Other challenges for this card include Charisma Card Challenge of beautiful butterflies, Cute Card Thursday of celebrations (for my friends baby- she's having a baby girl any day now), & Die Cut Dreams of no flowers allowed.
Hope everyone has a good wknd.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Wow Corry you're a trooper, the sentiment says it all this card is "perfection". Totally super creative to use the tissue paper as the tutu, love it, hope baby is letting you get some rest!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. I just love it all.

Wishcraft said...

Wow fab card and what a supermum you are, getting a card done so soon! Hope your little man is settling in nicely :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

Wowzers Cor! Slow down girl! Your card is amazing! LOVE IT! Must be that new card corner eh?

xoxox

Cor* said...

I forgot to clip the white paper off her one foot.....uh.....I'm slacking!

Kelly said...

Wonderful idea using the tissue for the mouse's dress Corry. You amaze me, I thought maybe you did some in advance for posting. I would never have thought you would be able to have the time or energy to make one this soon.

Mummylade said...

really cute! I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this time and good luck.

Susie Sugar said...

Fab card Corry love the colours and Roberta's sweet image
Thanks for playing our no flowers allowed challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card Corry!

Aud said...

Congratulations with your son!

Your card is wonderful!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Michele Roos said...

WOW!!! Love your gorgeous card Corry! Hugs Michele x

Related Posts with Thumbnails