Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Try it On Tuesday GDT


A while ago, I won a GDT spot at the Try It On Tuesday blog. Angela e-mailed me the choice of a couple challenges to choose from and I chose to do the "Honey I shrunk the Plastic" challenge. 
Pop this on your blog to find us fast!

 I won a challenge a while back and the prize I picked was some shrink plastic and acetate! Needless to say I  haven't used either of these things very much, so here we are. The package of shrink plastic I picked came with white & black sheets. I have used the white to make my Some Odd Girl Nouveau Girl earrings (HERE) and this is my first time using the black. Boy did we fight!! 

Usually you need to stamp with Staz-On ink onto shrink plastic, but since I don't have any Staz-On white ink I decided to try a couple other things. First I tried versamark with embossing powder. After I cut out my image and went to heat it, it ended up looking like a blog of "guck"....with the embossing powder overtaking the image and making it look like crap! LOL 

So next I tried White Craft Ink. It worked, but smudges easily, so I had to make sure I didn't touch the stamped image. Then the heating process was another story. Sometimes the plastic curled so much it got stuck to itself. As you can see from the pic below, I still have some 'shrinking to do'. 
I am making lil charms for the kids presents! 


The pic below shows some of my 'woopsies'....but I still kept them (my woopsies are using HollyDay Gwen). 
All the stamps I used are from Some Odd Girl.....with this reindeer & wee Tobie being from the  Deck the Halls Tobie set. 


I sure hope you can find the time to "Shrink Your Plastic" for the challenge this week at Try it on Tuesday!?!>! 

Take Care

Challenges for my plastic charms: 
OSAAT- anything goes
Stamptacular Sunday- boy oh boy
Paper Sundaes- beautiful bows
Lexi's Creations- no straight edges






11 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to have you as GDT at TioT. Mines curl up too and they stuck BUT I keep heating it and they curl back and once the heat gun is turned off quickly I put a stamping blok over it to make it flat but do not press it to hard ot it get really flat lol or you can use a wooden stamp's back for this reason to just make sure it's at your hand as you have to ackt very quick.
Your little guy do look fab in black. I bought the white opal staz-on few yrs ago and it's brill. Oh an other tip sand your srink plastick before you stamp on it, much better to stamp on it, it makes it less slipery when you stamp on it
Oops sorry been a bit long windedd lol

PatR said...

Love your little shrinkie Corry and it's great to have you has Guest DT member this week. I resorted to "cookin" my plastic in the oven for a more even result and less stress!! xx

Meggymay said...

Love your little shrinkies, they will make super gifts.
Yvonne x

BrossArtAddiction said...

Way to go Cor on your win and GDT spot! You are so brave to try that shrink stuff! I seen the cute little earrings you made and I loved them. These are awesome too and such a good idea for the kiddos presents!! They are going to love them! You are so creative Cor and such a good mommy! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

coops said...

wow these are so sweet and they look gorgeous on your fab pressie :D

xx coops xx

Céline said...

really gorgeous
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Very cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs Julie P

sharon said...

What a great idea, they look lovely, Thanks for playing along at Lexis creations. Sharon x

Carol Ann said...

Love your shrink plastic project! Great to have you play along at OSAAT this week.
Carol Ann xx

Shelby said...

These look great! I love the black and white combo.

Shelby

Winnie said...

great idea, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

Hugs Winnie DT

Related Posts with Thumbnails