Thursday, August 25, 2011

Doing some ODD Paper Piecing ! SOG Challenge

Stay tuned for my Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge post coming up after lunch (my time-lol).

****************************




I'm back again! Yup, you guess it with another suh-weet ODD creation! Ok, not so much ODD.....but def.
 sweet indeedy! This fortnight at Some Odd Girl we want to see you use

PAPER PIECING.

Oh what fun! I love paper piecing, but like many other things, I don't do it often enough!
I chose to highlite Sunny Mae. The reason I chose this image is because this is the first SOG image I EVA saw; & when I did, it was like love at first site (don't tell hubby!lol). Now, who was responsible for this love affair you may ask. Well, some of you may know her as Ann @ Raindrop Echo Designs --bwahhhaa, like who DOESN'T know of Ann! In fact it was THIS POST HERE that had me hopping over to the
Some Odd Girl Store & making some much needed purchases!
Thanks Ann. Thanks SOG. My bank account thanks you both! LOL



If you hadn't noticed, I paper pieced Mae's hat, bathing suit, shoes and towel. I created a sky & a beach with my watercolor pencils, baby oil & blending stumps as my medium. Her skin tone is done with my ever trusty copics. The sentiment is computer generated all by my lonesome & cut free hand to make some flags that are obviously hung on the bakers twine from Really Reasonable Ribbons. Seriously, I JUST got this stuff & I can't stop using it! haha


 

Do u have what we want to see at SOG!?! Then hop over to the challenge and get a load of the rest of the DT's creations for some more inspiration. Heck you too may be making a few 'much needed' purchases!! I promise I won't tell your significant others if you don't tell mine.

Can't wait to see what you got!

----Want a "chibi" like mine at the top of my blog? " Follow this link- Get Chibi'd ! ------

This card can also be seen at:

{{Splitcoaststampers Gallery}}
{{Scrapbook.com Gallery}}
{{Two Peas in a Bucket Gallery}}


Challenges for my card: (to follow)
Stamping Boutique- stripes & spots
KB Cute Monday- use twine
Stamp with fun- summer
StampsRUs- anything goes
Color Q- color challenge (see below)


************************************




9 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is a beautiful image beautifully coloured and fabulous backgrounds :) Sandra H

coops said...

fantastic card cor.your colours and papers are fabulous and i love the fun image :D

xx coops xx

jimlynn said...

This is fabulous!!! Love all the colors and designed you used and that image is perfect. LOVE that paper piercing too!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Leah l'Orange said...

she's fabulous, Corry, and i must say, we are all so glad that Ann introduced to you Some Odd Girl in the first place! your paper piecing is awesome!

Amy said...

I love everything about this card... from the fab scene you created in the background to all of the cool piecing that you did to Mae, this is just awesome! :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Corry - this is SO stinking cute!!! I love the fabulous beach scene you created with your paper piecing!!!The golden paper in the background looks like sunshine! I love the pop of blue from the flower too!
Gorgeous
Hugs,
M

Lou Mac said...

Heehee, so you haven't paper pieced every part of this girl that is POSSIBLE to paper piece?! Awesome job!! I'm feeling her tan too!!

The way you've laid out the sentiment is fab and I love the layers under the main image!! <3

xo

Anita Scroggins said...

Wonderful work on the card. The image is VERY cute! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week

kuya said...

Fabulous card! And it fits the heat we have had this week as well :o)

Thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun this week!

Hugs,
Heike

Related Posts with Thumbnails