Friday, August 12, 2011

FRIENDSHIP @ JUSTWORDZ


Second post today: Scroll down for my last Spink & Spook, Tickled Pink Stamps Lil Haunts 2- new release !!

***************************************


This week at  JUST WORDZ the DT are here to show you some sentiments using frienship words from the JUSTWORDZ everyday sentiment set.
I have chosen an image from Prairie Fairy Designs called A Helping Hand. I printed the digital image on kraft paper & slighly colored certain spots with my watercolor pencils. I then 'fancy cut' out the image  and placed it onto another Prairie Fairy Designs marvel........a watercolored background. This was hand painted by the Prairie Fairy herself..........in fact I don't even know if is in the store yet.............if anyone is interested, let me know & I'll tell the Fairy to get her wings in gear & put it in the store ASAP.
I printed the background image on white paper & sponged & distressed the edges.


I chose this image to represent my daughter & one of my sons. Siblings, although annoying at times, will truly be Friends Forever as my JUSTWORDZ say!



 

I truly fell in love with this card, the more it came together, from the bits of jute in the corners to the seam binding, button, butterfly & that layer of script paper that has been hiding in my stash FOREVA!!  And of course my JUSTWORDZ sentiments on the watercolor background as well....


Now don't forget to hop over to the JUSTWORDZ blog (Kimberley's blog) to get all the deets on how you too can get your hands on a set of these awesome WORDZ!


JUSTWORDZ DT GIRLS
(comment on each if you want to win these great stamps)

Challenges for my card:
Charisma Cardz- distressing
Simply Create- time to distress
Use it Tuesday- Indian Summer
For Your Inspiration- photo inspire (see below)

26 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so sweet! Love the image!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Margreet said...

Wow Cor....what am awesome vintage-look creation and that great sentiment...Gorgeous!!!
xxx Margreet

Kimberly said...

Oh i just love the look of this card...super sweet image and the work to put it all together...wow. I love love the background it adds the perfect touch..your senitment worked out fabulously with this image...thanks so much..
www.justwordz.ca

sara said...

ooooh now im lovin this a lot !! what a gorgeous vintage creation that image is very sweet i might just have to have it !!
hugs sara x x x

StephC said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Sandra H said...

What a gorgeous vintage creation so beautifully put together to create such a gorgeous card:) Sandra H

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! Cor, this is so adorable. Love the sweet image and gorgeous vintage feel. a perfect sentiment, this one is a real beauty hun.

Donna x

Tammy Schmitt said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! I was wondering if you did the water coloring but it's a digi! I have got to figure out how to use these! TFS:-)

~Tammy

Unknown said...

this card is absolutely stunning!!!! Wow i love it!!!!! What a fabulous job!!!!!

Tara said...

Just beautiful! I love the watercolour!
Tara

Anniebee said...

I adore this card, Corry! The watercolor background looks so awesome with the images of the children walking hand in hand. All of your work just amazes me so I can't say this is my absolute favorite but it's right up there! Totally fabulous!

Hugs,
Anniebee

Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I just love how these stamps can be used for almost anything!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Cor, this card is awesome, just like those watercolour masterpieces hung on a wall! You are truly amazing, love the watercolour background, its beautiful xxx

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card, love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create.

xoxo Marjo

coops said...

wow this is so beautiful cor.stunning soft colours and design and the image is so pretty :D

xx coops xx

Hazel said...

Love the gentle, subtle look you've achieved - gorgeous card (Hazel, Guest designer, Use it Tuesday) x

crazyribbonlady said...

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! Such a lovely vintage card! Emma x

Haven_mom4 said...

Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday- Haven UIT DT

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Corry
Stunning image and the ribbon is lush!
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Auntie Em said...

I love your card! The images stamped on the kraft paper and put in front of the watercolour background is gorgeous. The pretty green ribbon and butterfly are perfect embellishments!
Thanks for sharing! :)

dstandard said...

This is gorgeous - wonderful interpretation of the photo! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Laney said...

Fabulous Corry!!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful summer scene! So glad you played along with us at FYI!

Sara Mac said...

What a precious card! I really like how you created the background image. It's lovely. So glad you joined us at FYI!

Nancy said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday.... remember for next time to include what items you used from your hoarded stash! :-)

Debby said...

Wow, you've packed in the details here but it all works together so well! And looking at the card gives me such a nostalgic feeling too! Thanks for joining us at FYI.

Related Posts with Thumbnails