Friday, August 6, 2010

Fussy & Fancy DT Tribute with Pink & Black - Part Deux (1st post today)

This is week #2 at Fussy & Fancy  where (last week) we joined forces with the Groovy Gurlz from StampInsanity for a very special cause.

Beth of StampInsanity has created a new set of stamps called "Katie for a Cure" in honor of her cousin. Read below for details....


"Katie for a Cure is a very special set I designed to honor my cousin Kate, who earlier this year, at age 33, was diagnosed with breast cancer. Kate is the picture of health and vitality, and her spirit is magical. She has two very young children, and is in the prime of her life – which makes her diagnosis all the more distressing. As only Katie can, she is fighting this disease with the strength and grace of a pure champion. Her story is sadly not unique, but this is my Katie, and I had to do something. It is tragic, but I am sure that my family is not the only one to have this disease repeatedly rearing its head at us. It is my hope that together we will raise a donation that we can all be proud of. And if nothing else, Kate will get a smile from all the beautiful cards that you share with us. Thank you all in advance for your donations and your creations!"


This set is exclusively available at the StampInsanity Store & will retail for $10.00.

This is strictly a fundraising effort & all proceeds will go to the Susan B Komen Foundation & American Cancer Society.
At the above site you will also find a PayPal "donation" button for those who do not wish to purchase the set but still aid with fundraising efforts.
StampInsanity is also our sponsor this week and is donating a set of digis to the winner of this challenge.


REMEMBER - Pink & Black is Fussy & Fancy Challenge  for the next week!
Please stop over at the Fussy & Fancy blog to see what the other half of the DT have cooked up for you this week.

*******************************************

Here is my creation with the beautifully designed set! I made a card last week & could not resist making another card for this week! I had forgotten about this fab paper pack I picked up at the dollar store....very distressing & rough yet sheek.





Take Care!

Challenges for my card:
Paper Sundaes- stitching
The Crafty Pad- ribbons & flowers
The Stamp Man- take 2 colors
Stamp Something- photo inspiration



Don't forget to check back for BIG CANDY coming VERY Soon!!
(PS- if your a follower chances D"O"U"B"L"E )



13 comments:

Margreet said...

wow Corry, gorgeous card.love it but love that black butterfly most!
xxx Margreet

Kay Carley said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks so much for participating in The Stamp Man's Take 2 Colours Challenge :)

Alica said...

really cool! great coloring!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Fiona said...

beautiful card and you have made such a great job of it...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

TinaB said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad!I would love for you to join us at the I Did It Forum for out If The Shoe Fits Challenge! xx

mrsk06 said...

Just simply beautiful! I love it! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad Also check out our other challenge at the I Did It Forum

Courtney said...

What a great cause! And, you really ROCKED this card...it is awesome!

Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comments! Also, the circle of flowers isn't a stamp...it's just the paper. I would however like to have a stamp like that! =0)

Have a great day!

~Courtney~

Victoria said...

whata fabulous card, I love it, for such a good cause too

Thanks so much for joining in with our distressing challenge this week at Cupcake
Hugs
Victoria
x

Faye said...

Wow, this is gorgeous and for a good reason. Thank you for playing at Cupcake. x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Amazing card! I love the whole thing...Great inspiration! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week!

Janna :)

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Lisa said...

Love your project and that set is awesome! Just grabbed it for myself! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Vixykins said...

Gorgeous hunny and for a great cause. I love those teeny flowers at the bottom, they set it off perfect!

Thank You for playing The Stampman challenges, be sure to check out our new challenge starting soon x

Related Posts with Thumbnails