Friday, August 27, 2010

Post 1 of 2= Fussy & Fancy DT card- Back to school

So many wonderful interpretations of Mindy's sketch for the past 2 weeks at the Fussy & Fancy Challenge Blog, I think you all hooked me on circle cards for sure.
Now for this weeks challenge, since school IS just around the corner, and some students have ALREADY started back--our theme is:

BACK TO SCHOOL

And our spnosor is the wonderful Stitchy from Stitchy Stamps who has given us some fun images to use!

I am using the image "Whatever"........primarily cuz this is what my daughter says all the time "Whateva MOM!! " lol..........god love her.
I colored her with my watercolor pencils, baby oil & blending stumps & instead of a card, I opted to make a little book for my daughter to take to school.
I had a bunch of school paper from a paper pack I bought AGES ago, so thought it would make the perfect papers for a little notebook. I also added school theme stickers to my project. AGAIN, stickers I've had for a coon's age!!! Her initials are HS, thus the metal letters on the front of the book. A buncha eyelets & ribbon reminants made the perfect binding.






Back of the book.


It's already in her back pack & school does not start until Sept 8th (here in Pine Falls, Manitoba, Canada).

Come check out the other DT's fabulous creations at Fussy & Fancy for the next couple weeks. You won't be disappointed.

Challenges for my card:
ABC Challenge- B for Blue
Dare U 2 Digistamp- shaped card/creation (book count?)
Shirley's 2 Girlz- schooltime with letters/alphabets
Little Red Wagon- back to school
Paper Pretties- back to school
Simple Doodles- back to school
CSAYL- anything but Christmas (anything goes)
Stamp Something- back to school



15 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous creation - i love the image and all those ribbons , Its fantastic
Lisa ;)

Janice said...

Great project! Love the ribbon binding. Thanks for playing Simple Doodles!

Clare Brown said...

what a fantastic notebook. Loving the ribbon detail.Goodluck at abc challenge this week and hope to see you there next week too.

clare x

sarah hurely challenges- anything but a card this week

Lori said...

Love the ribbons! She must be thrilled to have her personalized school diary! Love the inside pages, what a great idea, I would never take that on, I'm all about the quick...lol, Bloghop today woohoo!

sallysbitz2 said...

Lovely xx

Bet your daughter don't keep this in her bag too long!

Gina Lindsay said...

Great book, I love all the ribbons. What a lucky girl your daughter is to receive this. Thanks for playing along with us at S2G this week.

Laurel said...

What a fabulous creation! thanks for playing at S2G!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors and design you used! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh what a fabulous creation. Great idea to have a book for those treasured memories. I wish I could remember some of them. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Marjo said...

What a awesomely cool creation. I just became a follower. I keep visiting anyway..might as well get your gorgeous creations in my dashboard...lol

Hugs, Marjo

Rose said...

absolutely awesome!!! thanks for joining us on SD :)

Georgia said...

Cute! Thanks for playing at S2G TT.

Jodi said...

Wonderful creation! I love this idea and that cute stamp too! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tip Top said...

Wonderful project and I do like all the ribbons! Thanks for joining in at Simple Doodles - hope to see you again next time!

Unknown said...

thanks for playing with SD, and congrats on the top three!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails