Friday, July 15, 2011

Fairy Fun Friday- On Holiday! Woo Hoo!


Ok, don't be alarmed but yes, I am here for the third day in a row!! YAY! I was just so inspired by the Prairie Fairy's new images and my wheel barrow (I shall explain later)......that I just HAD to make a summery card! At Fairy Fun Fridays for the next two weeks we are:

ON HOLIDAY!

I can tell ya there is nothing I'd rather be doing than swinging from a tire swing attached to a tree branch! HHmmmmm ....my hair blowing in the wind (if it wasn't so short-lol)...and if only I had a sturdy enough tree to attach my big ass butt to !LOL
Anywho.....I mentioned my wheelbarrow earlier because it's filled with sticks & twigs that fall from the trees into our yard. Then our dog transports those twigs all over the place & we go around collecting them to put them into the wheelbarrow (aka- our firepit). So as my kids played around the yard two days ago, one of them knocked off some of those twigs & I got to thinkin' (i know, my mind can be a scary place sometimes)....HEY, I could make this Swingin' Summer Gilly image look soooo kool!
So that be the story of the tree branches on my card! I also added some Jute, to resemble the rope, around the tire swing. 

 Sentiment is compliments of a fellow fairy Tracey Brossart! Not only is she a talented crafter she is just as creative in the sentiments she creates. You must check out her blog & etsy store cuz she has lots of inspiration from cards to jewelry to sentiments, including freebies.....lots & lots of freebies!





These two shots are of my handy dandy makeshift attachment work that I put together to attach my branches. Some eyelets and more jute with a little crystal effects as glue......and VOILA ....a treebranch swing!


Oh I almost forgot to show off my recycled flower. This is a creation from the talented Lori. It was attached to a birthday card she gave me LAST YEAR! Yup, I kept it......I keep it all....heads up to anyone who has ever sent me a homemade card.....I will re-use your stuffs, cuz I just can't bear to throw it out!



Phew. that was a long one.......how about a little pic now?!
This is my daughter feeding a chipmunk at my FIL's place.
They are so tame, then come & take  peanuts right out of our hands.






Challenges for my card:
Make it Colorful- folds & pleats
Bearly Mine- anything goes
Little Darlings- Buttons or Brads or Eyelets
Fussy & Fancy- summertime
Crafts & Me- summertime
MAWTT- fave things (embellies)
Crafty Purple Frog- summertime
CRAFT- butterflies (entry #2)
Pink {INK} sketch challenge- sketch (see below)
The Paper Variety- photo inspire (see below)


37 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Cor, How Cauuuuute is this card, this and the mermaid are my fav Gillians. I'm lovin the tent shape andthat twig is ingenious. Gorgeous creation sweetie.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Gea said...

What a great idea to use a twig and some rope! It looks great. Love the stamp.
Hugs Gea from the Netherlands

Margreet said...

Hi Corry...such a fab idea to use that twig and the rope...it looks so real!...also love your colouring and Lori's beautiful flower...hope you have a wonderful weekend!
xxx Margreet

Kimberly said...

Hey Hey, fab fab fab card...i just love all your elements....i find it so hard to add more than three embellishments....one day i'll learn, Love it. TFS
www.justwordz.ca

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun. Love that tire swing. Thanks for playing at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Hannah Clark said...

COR! THIS CARD IS FABULOUS! I love the rope and the flowers! This has so much dimension! Love it!

Nicola said...

Stunning summer creation, gorgeous attention to detail with all that lovely dimension and texture!
Thanks for entering out summer challenge over at Fussy and Fancy this time and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is stunning Cor - so much detail and fabulous elements, and that swing is awesome!

Thank you so much for joining in the fun at MAWTT this week. Hugs, Sylvia x

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card Cor, really imaginative, fab colours, love all the details.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra H said...

Brilliant:) Sandra H

Dorte said...

Swing it babe! your card is gorgeous, I love all your details, and the post made me smile ;)
Enjoy your weekend.
hugs Dorte

DesignerDiva said...

Good God woman!! An amazingly creative card, a very witty and interesting post AND chip and dale thrown in at the end lol! How is anyone meant to compete with that!!!

I love your fantastic Gillian Cor, I'm in awe of it!!

Thanks for sharing your card and favourites with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge

Hugs Laurie x

BrossArtAddiction said...

OMGosh WOW Cor!! You did such an amazing, fantastic job on this card!! I really, really love the way you added that little branch to make swingin' Gilly look like she is really swingin'!! You are so very creative...I'm so envious...lol!! And thank you for the sweet plug...looks like I will need to get my ass in gear soon and start taking the pics of all the new stuff I created for my shop!! Looks really empty right now...lol! I'd be so set if I could hire a photographer!! By the way where does everybody get this "Jute"? Like the meshy "Jute" too that I keep seeing all over, I love it! :D~

Big Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Myrna said...

Cute card! Love the real branch and the jute!
Thanks for joining us for the Little Darlings Challenge.

Angie said...

How cute and absolutely fun! Thank you so much for joining us at Little Darlings Challenges :-)

Angie

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this Corry!!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Really fun great project! Thanks for sharing and love the furry guy at the end too!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

coops said...

oh wow, this is fantastic cor.love how you have used the jute and twigs and fabulous fun image :D
your colours and details are amazing, i love it :D

xx coops xx

CarpeDiem said...

The Wow-factor is high on this card! You're one of my fav designers, I love following your work. Thanks for sharing!

Ewa

Unknown said...

Total stunner Cor!

Cheryl Walker said...

Super CUTE!!!! I love all the details and your colors and dp :) beautiful job!!

Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons challenge this time :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Glue Meets Paper said...

Very cute card- unique idea to incorporate the branches! Thanks for playing along over at the Paper Variety :)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine....

Hugs
Judith

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Sweet card! Your the queen of embellishments! :) I love those cute chipmunks....my dad says they are becoming an epidemic though as they are everywhere around home and causing all kinds of mischief! Sneaky little critters! LOL!

Eulanda said...

OMG this is so much fun!! The twings are perfect and I'm off to check out your friend's Esty store. Oh and the pearls for earrings? Perfect touch!!

Kellie said...

OMG This is AMAZING, but then you always amazes us! Thank you so much for joining us at Pink Ink Sketch Challenges.

Hugs Kellie

Natascha said...

Great card. Love your creation. Thank you so much for joning us over at Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

angelwhispers said...

Just loving the card the design is just awesome and loving the image and detail is just so perfect!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

Pami said...

Wow, what an amazing creation! I love all your detail, it's just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Graphicat said...

AAAACK!!! This is FAB!!! LOVE the twigs! LOVE THAT! This looks like alot of work...but alot of fun too!
So glad you joined us at Pink Ink!!!
Cheers
Cheri

Beverly Montez said...

Cor, the twigs are GENIUS!!!
What a super card. I LOVE the way you colored Gilly! She's my fave.

Kylie said...

Hi Cor! This is such a cutie stamp, i've been looking at these lately and I think you've just pushed me over the edge to buy a few :) I love how you've made such a gorgeous bright card! It is stunning and so much fun.
Thank you so much for joining us for our 1st challenge at Pink Ink
Hugs Kylie

tiggertastic said...

amazing amount of texture to this make


Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Kelly said...

Corry, great idea with the twig and your stories always make me laugh!

Craftdee said...

Great card....I love all the details, like your jute and twig swing. Really fun post, you made me "live it"... and I'm in Australia where we don't even get chipmunks, lol. Thanks for all the links too, it makes it easy for us lazy blog surfers :-) Dee

Lena Katrine said...

A great creation in beautiful colours! Thanks for playing along at Little Darlings this time, hope to see you again at our next challenge!
Hugs, Lena K

Vixykins said...

Beeeeeeautiful hunny! Thanks for playing at crafts and me xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails