Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wee Christmas & a New Challenge Blog launch with candy!!



Whilst participating in the Caring Hearts Card Drive Blog Hop  that is on until Wednesday Oct 27....(my card for this can be found here, or keep scrolling down)...I came across another challenge blog that I just HAD to get in on. It is called Wee Memories & they are also teaming up with the Caring Hearts Card Drive Blog Hop.
The challenge at Wee Memories is Cute Holiday Project!
I have chosen this cute little hAnglar & stAnglar image that was 'sent' to me & now I am 'sending' it forward to the Caring Hearts Card Drive . This will be card #3 I've made especially for this drive, but I will be sending more cards for sure!
For details on the card drive (not the hop) click here or click the hearts on my right sidebar.



Sketch is Friday Sketchers.
I have used my fav. color technique of watercolor pencils, baby oil & blending stumps.
Papers are misc., except for the piece of BG stuck in there .
Sentiment tag is from 'Sentiments 4 You'.
Flowers are WOC.
Pin is homemade.
Red raffia lace I got from Bunny Zoes Crafts Store & the glittery red ric-rak, striped bow & soft candycane-like baker's twine (don't let the name fool you, it is supa soft) are all from Really Reasonable Ribbons.




I urge you to check out the card drive and participate in the blog hop if you get a chance.
Both of these have prizes involved, if that encourages you to take part!!
Heck while your at it, do the Wee Memories Challenge as well.

Other challenges for my card:
Pile it on- red, white & green with something soft
Christmas Cards Challenge- include flowers on your card
The Crafty Pad- Christmas
CSAYL- something metallic
Mami Doodles- Christmas/Thanksgiving (adjunct Vera's Card Drive)


************************************************************

Now what about that new challenge blog
It is called "Do it with Digi's"


This is what the founder, Lynne of  Stamp Around the Block has to say: 

"I'm here with some very, very, very, exciting news!!! On 1st December I am launching a new Challenge Blog DO IT WITH DIGI'S. I have assembled an absolutely fantastic Team of "Digi Divas" to delight you with their creations and they are all raring to go!!
We will launch on Wednesday 1st December with some very yummy blog candy.. Mmmmmm :o)
Blog candy will end on Midnight GMT on 31st December and the winner will be announced on 1st January 2011.
Our first challenge will begin on Thursday 6th January 2011 and will be a fortnightly challenge - we have some fabulous sponsors lined up with some great prizes for you :o)
I will also be popping in and out with some "FREEBIE" digi sentiments :o)
If you pop over now - the blog is up and running but still a work in progress - but you can become a follower and then when we update it and blog candy launches you will be notified.
We are all soooo excited for this and hope you will be too."

Lynne owns & operates the digi store "Sentiments 4 You" & I am proud to say that Lynne has asked me to be part of her team & I have graciously accepted.
She has some great sentiments in her store (including the tag I used on the card above) & is definitely worth checking out!
I also got my signature at her store, if you need one, hop over & take a look.


17 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just pure eye candy just love the image,and the layout on this hugs cheryl xxxxx

Lynne said...

What a great card!!! I love Hanglar images - they are just soooo cute!! and your pin is TDF - loving the "big up for the blog" too hehe - can't wait to get started mwah xx Lynne xx

Lori said...

So cute Corry, I think I have this image...lol, I'm inspired, love all your papers and of course all the extras!

Cor* said...

Whoa a bunch of incorrect sentencing and spelling there, hopefully I've corrected it all!!! (must drink more coffee)-haha

BethieJ said...

Your card is LOVELY! Such a cute image!!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO this week!
Have a GREAT day!

Chelsea said...

Hi Corry, I love this card! The image is so cute and everything is just perfect. Gorgeous work as always.
Love,
Chelsea

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful card and your attention to detail is perfect. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a fantastic card, love this stamp and all those lovely papers... PS Hope I won't find lots of traffic again tomorrow he he !!! Hugs xx

Ren-Yi said...

That Magnolia is such a cutie. Thanks for supporting the Caring Hearts Card Drive. Vera must be tickled by all the support! :D

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Corry - stopping in to thank you for your kind comments on my Inking Pink post. I am a HUGE fan of your blog and Steel Magnolias!

Cheers,
Susan

Lin said...

Your first commenter described this as 'pure eye candy' and how right she was. I adore that mixture of background papers, they look like they shouldn't all go together but the effect is amazing.

Lin xx

Maria said...

Corry! As always you rocked the challenge! You did a fabulous job with the metallic challenge! Your card is beautiful! You color your images so beautifully! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!

Maria

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Aww... Cor, this is so cute! Glad you can join us at Wee Memories and also at Mami Doodles! :) Hope you will join us again! Thank you for all your support for Caring Hearts!

Anonymous said...

I love this card Cor - the papers, the tag - SUPER Cute!

Laurel said...

What a fantastic card!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Mami Doodles said...

The card's gorgeous! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails