Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Luca is very busy!


Finally I get to let Luca out to play! lol
I have had this Tickled Pink Luca Stamp colored since December, but was waiting for the perfect opportunity to create something with him! Now's the time!!
There's a new monthly challenge over at Tickled Pink stamps.....it is the Christmas Challenge- where this month they want to see traditional Christmas colors of red, green & gold. So what better time to show off Lil Christmas Lad Luca. I watercolored Lil Luca with SU refill inks and copics. One of my first attempts at watercoloring (which I completely fell in love with BTW). I also added liquid applique & glitter to his Santa hat.


I added numerous ribbons, trims & embellies to my tag, including the little angel button, white snowflake button & the gold metal corner adornment to the bottom left corner. I also diecut some snowflakes to add to my tag, cuz what's Christmas without snowflakes. Hey?





Wooo Weeee look at that sinister little "kiss me under the mistletoe" grin! LOVE IT!




I am also entering the Tickled Pink Stamps (regular weekly) challenge where this week the theme is "Sewing". I incorportated some stitching to my tag down each side as well as in the red organza ribbon at the bottom of the card! How fun to use hubby's sewing machine! Yup, it's actually hubby's, but I've recently adopted it as my own!! (thanks hunny)!!

I am also going to put this in the Tickled Pink Facebook Page where they are looking for a GDT for April! Ooh what I wouldn't give for a spot like that!!

There are also a few other challenges I would like to enter my tag into: Oh la la Challenge (it's a man thing), ABC Christmas (E for embossing/embellies), Winter Wonderland (snowflakes),  Christmas Stampin' All Year Long (how much bling can you bring), DCD Christmas (inspired by a song)- 'I saw Mommy kissin' Santa Claus', The Crafty Pad (use a ribbon), A Spoon Full of Sugar (vintage, shabby  theme) AND Aly's Sunday Challenge (anything goes).



37 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous tag Corry.Love everything on it, and there's heaps. Looks fantastic.
Luv CHRISSYxx

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful! Love this image!

Lori said...

Love this!!!! Can't believe you were hiding him away for so long, this tag is so perfectly embellished, love it! Especially the tassel ribbon at the bottom!

Unknown said...

O wow Corry this is amazing, fantastic ribbon and colours, love it. Good luck on the GDT, I'm pretty sure you will do it. Hugs xxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desirée-ScrapDees said...

Wow what a great Tag you've made, i really love it!

MacKenzie said...

I would totally kiss him under the mistletoe - what a cutie!! Love, love, love your project. Good luck with your GDT submission! Thanks for playing along with our bling challenge at CSAYL!

Lynsey said...

Hi what a beautiful Christmas tag! Lovely snowflakes, just perfect for our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week. Thanks for joining in.
Hugs Lynsey x

stephanne said...

Oooooh, Luca looks smashing, just luring me in with his eyes. Just so you know, he's mine, I don't care what any of the other Pink Ladies might say about that, lol, mine mine mine!!!! Very stunning, so shabby, so chic, so fab!!!
hugs, stephanne

Maggie's Crafts said...

Love this tag!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Sunday for another brilliant challenge! :)

Maggie
xx

Donna Mosley said...

Wowzers Corry this is wonderful. Love the image and amazing embellies. Good Luck with the GDT spot, will keep my fingers crossed. You would be perfect for it.

Donna x

Merry said...

Wonderful tag Cor...just love all the ribbon and such a fun image.

Unknown said...

REally cute!! Great job!! Image is very cute!

Hugs!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Doreen said...

A fabulous Tag.Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Debbie said...

Corry, this is fabulous!!! So much detail went into it..You are amazing

Hugs
Debbie

Dana said...

Oh man... you had me spitting my drink out laughing when I read the sewing machine is your hubbies! Same here!! He burnt out the motor not too long ago sewing some heavy duty hunting coat or what not.. I told him he should get another one, so I can use it on my cards;)
Love this tag.. it is absolutely gorgeous!!
Hugs!
Dana

Anne said...

Fantabulous! Thanks for linking up with us at OLL. Hugs x

Sonya said...

Stunning! I love evrything about your tag.

Miria said...

Stunning tag, Corry. Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland this week, good luck, Miria

Tammy said...

Awesome tag....love that has a male on it too! Excellent elements going on here.
smiles...Tammy

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, that's some tag you made. Fantastic. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x

Susie Sugar said...

I love your freaky santa !! he looks a little Tim Burtonish !! so funky
Thanks for joining us @ the DCD Christmas club this week
Hugs Susie and the Christmas Dream Team xx

Unknown said...

WOWZERS!! I love it!! Luca looks so cool and I love all the bits and bobs you have used too! Thanks so much for playing along at Tickled Pink Stamps Christmas Challenge
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an awesome tag. So much detail. I love looking at it all.

Ingrid said...

Lovely, very nice tag! All those layers and yummie things on it, can keep looking at it :-)
Thanks for joining in both of our challenges at Tickled Pink Stamps.
Hugs Ing

Beverly Montez said...

Whoa momma! this is AWESOME! I love the tons of "bling" you added.
Really, this is super!

Unknown said...

Hi Cor*,
Wow hun this is just fantastic. Love all the details and Luca is fabulous. Thanks for joining in our Man's Card challenge at Ooh La La this time.
Hugs
Dawn x

Jeanette Wallén said...

Fantastic creation! I love the colours, the layers and all the details - simply gorgeous!!

Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge!

/ Jeanette

Joan Ottevanger said...

Lovely card you made for our challenges.Thanks for playing with us at CSAYL.

Karen said...

Great tag Corry, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas club.
xx

Helen said...

Fabulous tag - love all the texture!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Loz said...

this is so cool Corry! I'm very naughty and bought Luca last year for Xmas cards.. and he never saw the light! tsk tsk. I will have to try and join in with these challenges won't I!
Love all the embellies ♥

Leonie said...

Wow Wee..this is fabbo!! So much going on I dont know where to look first..maybe I will just sit and stare at it for ages!! Love it to bits!!
Thanks so much for joining in on both the sewing and the Christmas challenge over at TPSC
Hugs Leonie

sammi said...

Wow, Corry! Your tag is amazing! I could look at it over and over again and find something new, every time! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Ooh La La, and good luck!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Corry, What a stunning male card you have made here. Thanks for taking part in Ooh La La Creations Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Guest Designer for March/April for the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog xxx

Dorte said...

Hi Corry! Awesome tag and handsome image ;) I love all the embellies. Thank you for taking part at the challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Hugs Dorte

Anonymous said...

WOw Busy girl! love all the different elements of your Tag! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails