Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wombat Bookmark


So there's a challenge going on at the Tickled Pink Facebook Group and I am soooooooooo in the game girlz! The challenge is for a $25.00 Tickled Pink Gift Cert for April! Which means new releases will be here! woo hoo!! All you have to do is make a corner bookmark with a Tickled Pink image! And your in!


I have chosen the Tickled Pink image Wombat Walking. Isn't he cute? Actually after googling for images, turns out they are nasty lil suckers......lol.......nasty but cute......in a weird way! LOL Regardless this little woombat all dressed up just melts my heart. I think he was a freebie at the Tickled Pink Store at one time.


I am also entering my corner bookmark into the Tickled Pink Challenge which is "Off the scrap desk". I have used a few items that perhaps are not usually used for cardmaking, crafting. The "string" (I really don't know what it is called---see top pic for better picture of the gigantic roll I have) I have had sitting around my crafting area ever since  a fellow DT member of mine made a card with it & I decided I wanted to case her......so as I was headed to the store to look for some of this amazing material......I happened upon it in my own basement. Hubby's been holding out on me! So I brought it upstairs and there it sits! lol. Another item I used is the cloth doily I purchased a while ago at my local fabric store that was going out of business. I used only half for my bookmark. I sponged it with Vintage Photo ink. Last but certainly not least I used a couple staples. oOOooooooooooo and stitching. Never used to be for cards.....but is NOW!! heehee.


Other challenges for my bookmark:
Freshly Brewed- 2 or more embellies (MORE IS better-right Kellie! )lol
OCC- don't throw that away (recycle)
Crafts & Me- anything goes
ABC- Q for quilting/sewing
Creative Card Crew- no rubba stamps-digital ok

25 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey i think the string is called jute...if memory serves me right. Love it, i did get that freebie and have yet to color it. Awesome project. TFS!
www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awesome project, such a cutie. Hugs Suzanne x

Anonymous said...

Your woombat is pretty darn cute Cor! Great detail in this bookmark :-)

kbrandy4 said...

Oooh isn't he a cutie, love your design. Hugs Hazel xx

Germana said...

Wow!!!Your bookmark is gorgeous!! And the image is too cute!!!Hugs Germana

Tammy said...

Wow....what a neat idea. Love that it is a corner bookmark. Yours turned out so cute!
smiles...Tammy

Tanya said...

He is so cute! I have been wanting to try one of these, yours is adorable!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Too cute! And it reminded me that I need to make a corner bookmark for hubby! Keep forgetting!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Corry, Love this gorgeous bookmark. You always add the best details, love the jute, I got a massive ball of i a couple of weeks ago, sooo cheap but it looks fab.
Supercute image too.


Donna x

AN said...

WAu-tämä on todella mainio--ihania ideoita täynnä ))
Kiitos kun osallistuit ABC-haasteeseen tällä viikolla ! Onnea arvontaan-aurinkoa päivääsi!

Lisa said...

Awh, what an adorable bookmark! Might just have to do one myself ;)

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

awe!!!!!!! You did a wonderful job and every detail is a ,"why didn't i think of that" lol!

I like the rugby look going NICE!!! Good luck in your challenges hun and thanks for playing at ABC CHALLENGE,RubyM:)

Unknown said...

Ooooh...That corner book mark is simply stunning! Love all the great details you have added!! That wombat is so darn cute! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week & good Luck! Hugs/sari

Unknown said...

Awww WOW, he is cute, and your right Wombats are nasty suckers!! hahahah I love what you used to make your bookmark!! Thanks for joining in at Tickled Pink Stamps
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Mish B said...

So cute! He is such an adorable little guy and I love the lace and twine. Fantastic bookmark!

Shelly said...

What a fabulous bookmark, Cor!!! If it were up to me, you'd be the winner for sure. I especially like all of the different textures.

Ingrid said...

Great, so many lovely things on such a small surface. It's totally sweet.
Thanks for showing your project at the Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge this week :-)
Hugs Ingrid

Kellie said...

Absolutely more is better and in this case it's not better it's a WOWZERS! Love what you have done with him and you googled him too hehe! Thank you for joining Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week.

Hugs,
Kellie

Auntie Em said...

I have no clue what a wombat is but I LOVE your bookmark! He's a cute little critter, although I do have a feeling he might be a rodent. The lace and doily are so pretty and the paper is awesome. Love the border punch.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Zarah said...

Ooooh! That is CUUUUTE!! :D

Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week! :D

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is too stinkin' cute, Corry! Love this bookmark and the cool vintage look you have going here. Love the hemp rope too! So great to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Hehehe!!! This is TOOO CUTE! I love how you used the rope! Very creative and adds so much texture and dimension! I have seen these bookmarks very plain, but I LOVE all the things you added to yours. Beautiful

thanks for playing along with us at Fresh Brewed Designs 2 or more Embellishments challenge!
Have a blessed day!

Heather

Jeanette Wallén said...

Yummy and cute and grungy and all lovely!!

Thanks for joining the challenge at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge this week!

/ Jeanette

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very cute look with the twine! It is a great gift too! Thanks for playing my challenge at the OCC this week!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with our No Stamps challenge at Creative Card Crew this week! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails